McKay was feeling like all his friends were having great fun on their spring break while he was stuck at home with two parents and two brothers who couldn't take time off of work, so when I got my work schedule and saw that I had Thursday and Friday off and didn't have to be back to work until Saturday night we packed up the car and headed down to St. George. Thursday afternoon we tried to grab Colton and head over to Zion's, but since he had a Philosophy paper due, McKay and I decided it would just be the two of us. We had a great time hiking to the lower, middle and upper Emerald pools and waterfalls. Then we headed up to Weeping Rock. It was beautiful and the weather was great for hiking.

The next day Colton skipped his classes and we all went back to Zion's. McKay really wanted to hike Angel's Landing, but being the acrophobic that I am I told him no way! So where do we go but on a hike to hidden canyon. Sounded to me like it would be a nice stroll to a----well, to a hidden canyon!! It was hidden--way UP a steep climb and around a cliff. Who makes these trails?!! There I was hundreds of feet up clinging to a chain that is attached to the face of the cliff! But when it was all over the boys were so proud of me. McKay called Bill to tell him I had conquered my fear of heights. Well, that may not be exactly true. That fear is definitely still there!


Our final day in St. George Colton took us to "The Crack". It is exactly what the name implies-a crack in the red rocks north of St. George. Colton tells me that you just turn sideways and you can go all the way through it. Well, maybe my beanpole of a son can go through it sideways, but not his fat mama! Did I mention that I am also claustrophobic? I got to the entrance and took one look at it and said, "No way are you getting me through that thing!" I stood there and took pictures as they slowly got further and further through the crack and then I turned around and met them on the other side!

After experiencing "The Crack", we went down to Dixie and Colton gave us a tour of the campus. We even found a Hunt family relative listed on the monument to the first settlers of St. George. Amos Hunt and Rebecca Wiggins Hunt were my great, great grandparents. Pretty cool!!

It was hard leaving the warm weather and Colton, but in just two short weeks he will be done with school and back home for the summer. I hope he brings the warm weather with him!
What a fun mom you are! I hate tight spaces and heights so I would have died. I am glad you had a great time with your boys.
ReplyDelete