My busy Saturday started at 6 am. I got McKay out of bed to ice his shoulder and do his exercises before 7 o'clock football practice. While he practiced Amy, Raeann and I walked on the Junior High track fighting the hurricane force winds!! I was dreading going home because I knew what kind of a day I had in store: peaches, plums and green beans that needed to be canned, 6 doors that needed to be painted, bread to be baked and laundry to be washed and dried! Throughout the whole day the song "I Am Woman Hear Me Roar" kept going through my head and I kept singing to myself: "I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman!" and I knew I could get through it all. At the end of the day I took stock of my accomplishments--12 quarts of peaches canned, 10 quarts of beans canned, 12 pints of plum jam canned, 8 trays of peaches dried, and 3 trays of plum leather dried.

But that's not all. I also painted 6 doors twice (so that's really 12 doors-right?!), did 4 loads of laundry, and baked 2 loaves of sorry looking bread (I am not good at multi-tasking and let them raise to long!) So like the song says, "If I have to I can do anything, I am strong, I am invincible, I am woman"!!!!!!!!
Go Jennifer.... or should I call you Wonder Woman!!!
ReplyDeleteI am late in reading your blog. I think you did more in that day than I did all summer combined! Good grief. Don't let Kelly read this or he will think I'm slacking! :)
ReplyDelete