Nearly two years have passed since Devin decided (two weeks prior to entering the MTC) that he would surprise me with a waterfall in our backyard. "I will get it done before I leave, mom." Yeah right! As you can see it looks the same as it did before he left--a hole, a mound of dirt, and a pile of rocks!! But, we have high hopes for a finished product when he returns in just 8 weeks (for those of you who are counting it down)!! We got his itinerary yesterday and he arrives in SLC at 2:04 in the afternoon on September 9th. I was so happy that I just sat at the computer reading the email and bawling!! Two years is a long time to go without seeing your son and only talking to him twice a year on the phone. A lot is asked of us moms in the church, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am so proud of him and cannot wait to see the man he has become! As for the hole in the backyard, it's actually been a nice reminder of a son who has made good decisions and put away worldly things for two years to serve the Lord. What more can a mother ask for than that her children live a good life and serve others selflessly?
Jen-You totally made me tear up with that post. That's the sign of a natural blogger. Can't wait to see the boy who's become a man. It will be nice to have THE DUDE back. RaeAnn
ReplyDeletewhat a stud. it's crazy that he's already almost home. i know it doesn't seem like it was that fast for you! i really hope he get's to serve with jared this next transfer.
ReplyDelete