
When I told McKay that he had a red letter day on Saturday he asked, "What does that mean?" Well McKay, that means that you had a day of special significance. On Saturday McKay was awarded his eagle and then scored a goal at his last lacrosse game! I'd call that a red letter day for sure! We are very proud of McKay. At the eagle court of honor we were supposed to have a chance to introduce our eagle and Bill and I fought over who was going to GET to do that. I won, but then that portion of awarding the eagle was skipped over so I want to just say a few things now. McKay is a great kid. He is what I would call heroic when it comes to his school work. Things don't come easy for him. He has to work twice as hard as most kids when it comes to school. But he does it. I have never had a kid worry so much about his grades and it shows. He has been on the honor roll every year and most terms he is on the high honor roll! McKay has the gift of empathy. This was evidenced to me when I received a note from his first grade teacher who observed him on a cold winter day give his coat to a little boy who didn't have one. He sees what people need and he gives of his time and sometimes his possessions. McKay always tries to do what's right. I sometimes call him my little Nephi because if he sees that his brothers aren't doing what they should he sets them straight. As you can imagine his brothers receive that criticism about as well as Nephi's brothers did (although he hasn't been bound by cords yet!). His dad wanted to make sure I expressed how impressed we are with his hard work and determination and his strong faith. McKay, you will do great things with your life if you stay on the path you are on now! We love you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment