We camped at Dead Horse Point (absolutely breath-taking!) and spent a couple days in Arches. We had fun hiking and the boys had fun climbing on everything they could climb on! It was a bit cold at night, but great hiking weather. We had fun taking pictures of us "holding up" balancing rock and "jumping over" it as well.

That was the adventure part, now for the madness.....JEEPING!!! I will be the first to admit that I am NOT an adrenaline junkie. My heart was pounding the whole time we were on "Baby Lion's Back" and "Fins and Things". Thank goodness we didn't make it to "Hell's Revenge". Who thought this stuff up? And who decided that jeeps were meant to climb straight up and straight down these rocks? What about gravity?!! I will admit that Michael had me in tears once. The rest of the time I sat in near horror as the windshield filled with nothing but sky and then nothing but sand as we went up and down. By the time we were finished my arm ached from gripping the handle above the window. The whole time I am praying, "Please get us out of here safely!!" I love spending time with my boys, but stuff like this makes me long for a girl who would love to scrapbook with me!!
I really don't know how to describe the ride. I'm just glad you were there with me, Jen. It still gets my heart racing just thinking about what we did. WOW!!!
ReplyDeletehaha...I totally know how you feel. I had friends that loved to go jeeping and I was scared out of my mind the whole time!
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha ha Yay!!!
ReplyDelete