Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Place!

Surprise! Yes, I am finally writing a new post. It seems like we (or maybe it's just me) have had the winter blues. It is good to see the sun again! I hope it sticks around for a while.

I finally have something exciting to post as well. Tuesday Colton participated in the Utah TSA events in the CAD Architecture competition. He had to set up his computer at 11:00 and then at 12:00 the competition began. He was given a picture of a house and had to reproduce it on the computer and then add a 1000 square foot addition. This addition needed to match the style of the house and had to include a child's bedroom, bathroom, playroom and an office. He had to do the floor plan, front and side elevations, and a walk-through of the addition. He was given four hours to do this. Around 4:30 he texted me to say he thought he did really good. About an hour later he texted me and said, "I GOT FIRST!!!!!!!!!! Maryland here I come!!!!!!!!!!" Knowing my kids and how they love to tease me I texted back, "No way! Are you serious?" But he wasn't kidding this time. I am so proud of him!! Now he gets to go to Maryland in June to compete in the National TSA competition. Pretty exciting! On a funny side note, they switched his first and last names around so he is "Daniel W. Colton" to them!! The Daniel family curse!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is so great!! Congratulations Colton!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! that is way cool!!! We have to use CAD when we make sets so i know how complicated that gets. WAY TO GO CUZ!!!

    ReplyDelete